India, with its huge young population, is firmly growing to become a sporting superpower. Indians are getting more fitness-conscious, taking up sports and creating a high call for modern infrastructure, gadget and add-ons to their workout schedule.
Many sports & fitness centers have been set up in the country. Health & Fitness has the scope to reach a wider audience today. Fitness equipment, Sports goods, gadgets, apparel, shoes, nutrition supplements and wellness products are quite popular among the youth.
Hyderabad is a preferred destination for sports events and exhibitions attracting brands and visitors from across India. The city has a huge base for sports and fitness enthusiasts, features modern sports infrastructure.
Thanks to the growing awareness about active lifestyle, Hyderabad is witnessing increased participation in sports and fitness activities. People are taking up sports and opting for gyms to stay fit. More and more national, international gyms and fitness establishments are expanding into Hyderabad.
There is holistic growth creating demand for more sports infrastructure, equipment and accessories, qualified sports, fitness trainers, sports clubs, sports academies, gyms and allied products & services.
Growing income, quality of life, globalization exposure and health awareness are boosting the demand for the sports and fitness equipment.
- Quarter of the total population of India are between age 15 and 29 forming the target consumer base for sports and fitness products.
- Number of sports and fitness accessories users is projected to reach 140.2 million in 2023.
- Sports and fitness goods market to reach $5,565 million by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 9%.
- Indian sporting goods are exported to more than 100 countries and trusted globally.
- Upsurge in domestic sports leagues in last decade is creating new consumer base.
- Growing emphasis on more sports and physical activities in schools and colleges.
- More and more corporates are investing in the sports ecosystem through CSR.